Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Digital Citizenship

We will be focusing on discussing Digital Citizenship over the next two weeks in the library, and how to be safe while on the internet.  

I created a poster and coordinating bookmarks to give to the students to aid in this discussion, especially with the younger students. I have placed these on my TpT store in case you might be able to use them too.  






Update:  Well, after doing the lesson all day, I've come to realize that I needed a few things to make the lesson go smoother.  While the poster is great, I spent time writing and/or drawing the 4 main pieces (the head, the heart, the belly/gut, and the feet) with my younger kids to begin to introduce the topic. 


So, I updated my unit to include a picture of just the boy, and then larger pictures of the explanation pieces so that you can literally "build" the poster as you talk about the issues.  These pieces would also be a great way to review these concepts throughout the year.   






I hope you find them useful! :)  I'll be trying them out tomorrow with my next round of kiddos! :)


14 comments:

  1. Wow these look amazing. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sandy.I like your digital citizen ideas. I am new to blogging too.It looks good.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I'm glad you both found them useful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had a workshop and our presenter showed us your blog and your posters about digital citizenship. They are very "kid" friendly. I would love to use them with my grade 2/3 class. We have watched the Garfield video called "YAPPY" I would love to use your posters for further teaching. Do I have your permission?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah,
    You are welcome to use my Digital Citizenship posters. You can download them either from TpT or Teacher's Notebook. Thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Sandy. I love the activity you outline, and would like to create a link to this blog, and use a copy of the poster you made as part of our work on Safer Internet Day on Tuesday. I will send you the links to the documents once they are created, and I will fully attribute you and your blog as their source. Does this sound ok?

    Sean Lyons. NetSafe New Zealand. www.netsafe.org.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Sean,

      Thank you so much for your interest in my Digital Citizenship poster. I am happy that you think it will be useful for your Safer Internet Day. I have no problem with you linking back to my blog. However, when I created this poster, I purchased a license for the clipart. Putting a copy of my poster in your document breaks my licensing agreement with them. I hope you understand. If you have any questions or would like to discuss this further, feel free to email me at my1happyplace@yahoo.com

      Delete
  7. May I have permission to use your bookmark in a high school? Your designs are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Macy! Yes, you are welcome to use my bookmark with your high school students. You can purchase them at my TpT or Teacher's Notebook store.

      Delete
  8. Sandy, may I have permission to link to your blog for a presentation to my middle school students on digital citizenship.

    Mike H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike,
      You are welcome to share my blog with your students. I hope it helps! :)
      Sandy

      Delete
  9. Sandy can you tell us what font or program you used to create the Wording for this poster? I was wanting to create a library sign using the same font ;-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindi,

      It's called "Kid's Christmas" from Lettering Delights at http://www.letteringdelights.com

      :)
      Sandy

      Delete